Accuration® Backgrounder is supplement for mixing with coarse cracked corn for growing/developing calves weighing 300 to 500 lbs. after they receive starting rations. The supplement is formulated to provide intake modifying properties to the complete ration. This is a very cost affective way to feed your livestock.
Our bulk Accuration® Feed Program is available mixed (cracked corn - Accuration®) in 80-20, 70-30, 60-40, and 50-50. Contact us to plan a feeding program based on your needs.
Our Accu-Creep Program offers a very inexpensive cost per pound of gain.
We also have available unmixed whole and course crack corn.
And...We can deliver our bulk feeds in North Dakota!
Purina® Accuration® cattle feed products are one of the most energy dense brood cow supplements on the market.
Be sure to visit with us about our Breed Back Program.
Intake Modifying Feeding Programs
Purina’s Intake Modifying Technology® feeding system stimulates cattle to consume multiple, small snacks of the feed supplement, which optimizes the flow of nutrients to the digestive system, and thereby increases forage intake, overall utilization, and cattle performance.
Intake Modifying Technology® feeding system combines the right balance of nutrients, ingredients and manufacturing techniques to develop products ideally suited to the cow’s life stage and the quality of existing forage. Intake Modifying Technology® feeding system triggers in the cattle both a prehensile and a metabolic response.
Intake Modifying Technology® feeding system impacts both how the cow ingests nutrients (i.e., through licking with its tongue, or eating with its teeth) and the amount consumed. The net result is optimized nutrient intake throughout the day through multiple small snacks. We know that on a 24-hour basis, cattle on Accuration® feeds will come to the feeder between three and 10 times per day, depending on pasture size and forage quality. Multiple small snacks daily provide the necessary ingredients beneficial microflora (or "bugs") need to grow in number and efficiency. The more "bugs" present and the more efficient they are in digesting the forage, the more your cattle’s needs are met from your grass or hay and the less supplemental feeding.
For Controlled Intake Systems utilizing the Intake Modifying Technology® feeding system to be effective, Purina Animal Nutrition has established the following criteria.
Cattle owners must:
- Provide performance equal to or better than hand-feeding programs.
- Limit intake effectively. As forage quality improves, intake of the supplement must go down; as forage quality declines, intake of the supplement must increase to meet animal need.
- Provide a nutritional package (protein, energy, macro minerals, trace minerals, vitamins) to meet the needs of the cow or stocker when grass or hay won’t.
- Deliver nutrition with flexibility to meet cattle needs and producer goals.
- Increase the amount of time your cattle spend grazing the greatest resource you have — your grass or hay.
- Increase grazing distribution of your cattle. Simply put, your cattle need to be utilizing all of your pasture, not just part of it!
- Decrease your delivery cost compared with that incurred by hand feeding. This means we need to be able to decrease factors such as labor and vehicle cost (depreciation, fuel, maintenance, increase vehicle life, etc.).
- Increase carrying capacity on high-quality pastures for stocker cattle. Increase forage intake on poor-quality forage.
Controlled Intake Systems:
Each system is built on Intake Modifying Technology® feeding system specific to the following characteristics: feed form – block, liquid, or meal; Intake modifier type; Intake modifier level based on animal weight and forage quality.
Note: Information on Accuration provided by Purina Mills